Know the version installed and some small issues

DaveGGa year ago

Hello, after reading the documentation I have some doubts. I would like to know first what version of traccar I have installed on my VPS. I looked in the logs and didn't see anything cd /opt/traccar/logs with nano.
My problem is this, before I used the web demo traccar but since the new update and removed google maps from the demo traccar do not help me in my purpose. I installed traccar on a VPS and added legacy to traccar.xml. All good up to here. Now, I have added a warning for a moving device and it does not warn, it always warned in the traccar demo, my other problem is speed in km/h, the data is ridiculous, almost everything is 0 km/ and suddenly there is a jump/ data from 46 km/h.
Based on this information, MySQL Database Traccar I would like to understand if my DB has to be configured for my traccar version (I guess the latest one) even using the legacy web in a simple <entry key='web.path'>./legacy</entry> in my traccar.xml
I hope patience and help please. Summary, know my version installed under linux on a VPS. The device moves and does not warn with sound (it always warned on demo traccar webs) and the km/h are not stable.
PS: If someone speaks Spanish and helps me better.
Greetings.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

When server starts, it prints the version in the log. So if you don't see anything, you need to restart the service first.

Traccar demo does have Google Maps support, so your statement is incorrect.

Speed value comes directly from devices, so version of the server shouldn't matter, unless of course it's a decoding issue.

Not sure about the sound. Maybe you haven't enabled the sound or some problem with the browser.

DaveGGa year ago

Thanks Anton. It is true, now the demo has a google map, it was not like that a few months ago when the new web/traccar was implemented, this reason made me install traccar "legacy" on a VPS, because for me google maps satellite is essential. Thanks for this new implementation.
It is likely that these new zx302 topin are being manufactured with some faults in the accelerometer and hence the erroneous data or jumps, unfortunately topin/aliexpress never responds to my queries.
My smartphone has all kinds of notifications enabled and the firefox browser is also configurated to receive notifications, I don't know why when my bird moves it doesn't emit a sound, something very useful for my purposes because it warns that it is moving if it has gone far to perch. I will do tests in traccar manager because it has implemented the same map google maps satellite, I'll tell you.
Thanks for everything @Anton

DaveGGa year ago

Hi again, one detail. For now sudo service traccar restart don't print a version in tracker-server.log . I don't know if is the right path.
I install with this arguments wget https://www.traccar.org/download/traccar-linux-64-latest.zip and unzip traccar-linux-*.zip && ./traccar.run so I think have the last one traccar installed. If I have the last one ¿why need do this in my MySQL? <entry key='database.driver'>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</entry> if I don't have install an older version, just have a <entry key> to path to legacy version. I don't know if this maybe do the error datas .Maybe?
Cheers!!

Anton Tananaeva year ago

That's the right command to restart. You have to check logs after restart.

Not sure I understand the question about MySQL and how that is related to old or new version of the web app. Those are unrelated.

DaveGGa year ago

Hi Anton.
In my first post I linked to the Documentación/MySQL. There are some explanation for older versión, read botton page.
I inside nano tracker-server.log after restart traccar server.
I do some proofs in the demo3.traccar and speed data seems to register correctly.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

In my first post I linked to the Documentación/MySQL. There are some explanation for older versión, read botton page.

That's about Traccar version, not the web app type.

DaveGGa year ago

I'll try explain me better tomorrow, now from my smartphone is not comfortable 4 me,
see you

DaveGGa year ago

Buenos días, antes de irme a trabajar. ¿que deberia tener en mi traccar.xml atendiendo a que mi version a de ser la ultima, esto? <entry key='database.driver'>com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver</entry> o esto <entry key='database.driver'>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</entry> con cj. o sin cj.
Saludos

Anton Tananaeva year ago

With.

DaveGGa year ago

All right, thank you @Anton

DaveGGa year ago

Morning!!
@Anton I know you have a lot of work here, that's really worthy. Just a little guide for me. Would it be correct to add these parameters on my traccar.xml to try to restore hearing notifications? "with .cj"! ... ha ha.

<entry key='filter.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='notificator'>web</entry>
<entry key='notificator.traccar.key'>my own API number traccar</entry>

I forgot to say that in the tests on the demo the other day I did receive sounds and get whel coherent km/h, which points to having to configure Traccar and the client/account/server well, but in english and about technicall issues isn't a comfortable field 4 me. : /
I'll try!.
Cheers.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

These configuration parameters don't really make for me. Please read the documentation first.

DaveGGa year ago

That's do.
The problem is about firefox app configuration to receive notifications, I fix It deep inside on his configurations.
Now have sound and correct km/h parametters.