Traccar Limitation

muhamedoufi8 months ago

Hello Traccar Community,
I'm currently exploring the capabilities of Traccar for a project, and I have a couple of questions about its free version limitations and licensing:
Command Limitations: In the free version of Traccar, is there a limit to the number of commands that can be sent to GPS devices? I'm interested in understanding any restrictions on command functionality.

Modifying Source Code: If I decide to modify the Traccar source code to meet specific project requirements, am I allowed to do so under the terms of the free version? Additionally, can these modified versions be used for commercial purposes?

Other Restrictions: Are there any other restrictions or limitations in the free version of Traccar that I should be aware of? This could include limitations on the number of devices, users, or any specific features that are only available in the paid version.

I greatly appreciate any insights or clarifications on these topics. Your assistance will be invaluable as I consider Traccar for my tracking solution.

Thank you for your time and support.

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

There's not such thing as "free version". There's only one version of Traccar and it's free.

muhamedoufi8 months ago

That mean there is no limitations nor restrictions?

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

Correct. The only limitation is you need to follow the open source license conditions.