Linux

garryc8 years ago

I installed the linux version, I have Fedora22_64. I run it from the command line but do not get the web interface screen as in the demo. Thanks

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

What command do you run?

garryc8 years ago

./traccar console or start

Use "start". Have you checked that the process is actually running? Are you sure ports are not blocked? Note that default web interface port is 8082.

garryc8 years ago

I guess I have a lot to learn. Do I need separate log in to the port? It won't accept my traccar password.

What login are you talking about? Do you see the web interface? What login are you trying to use?

garryc8 years ago

I tried to log into http:localhost:8082 and get a login/password screen. Excuse my lack of knowledge on all of this. I previously had a GT02 tracker on www.gps588.com. The instructions were a lot simpler, only password#mobile phone#sim card and APN. The tracker stopped working, the gps588.com website would not recognise my User or password and the app I downloaded said my tracker was unknown. So my knowledge of procedures on traccar are minimal. Thanks

Default login is admin/admin. After you login, you just need to add your device with unique id to the list.

Then configure your device to send data to the server. Usually it's done via SMS commands. Check device manual for more info.

garryc8 years ago

Anton, thanks. What goes in the Name and Group fields for the Device?

Name is whatever name you want to assign for the device. It will be displayed on the device label on the map.

Group is optional field. Unless you have a large number of devices, you don't really need this.