Noa7 years ago

First, thank you for your software Anton, great job!

I´m new to traccar but managed to install traccar v3.10 on a pi running jessie, easy!

I have logged in for the first time to the server and created a user with admin rights. I have also added a device.

However when trying to log in with the new user details no devices are visible, they are are only visible when logged in with the default admin/admin. Any suggestions?

Maybe a related question. The above described user can only log in over the webinterface on a COMPUTER with the webbrowser chrome. It is not possible to log in over a Android phones webbrowser (chrome or samsung default webbrowser), neither using the traccar manager app. No user is accepted, neither the created or the default admin/admin. The address is right, the user exists and the apps data and cache has been cleared. A attempted log in is met with "incorrect email or password".

Any suggestions?
Once again, thanks for a great software!

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You have to linked devices to the users that you want.

There is no difference in logging in from Chrome or Android phone. You must be missing something.

Noa7 years ago

Thank you for your prompt answer!

Regarding the device issue, I have looked through the add form when adding a new device and also through the pull down menu server settings but can´t seem to find where I can add the device to certain users, I can neither, when logged in as the mentioned user, find the device and add it to the account. Could you be so kind to point me in the right direction? I undertsand these questions must be tiring for you but I have tried to look through the manual and forum but can´t seem to find the answer.

Regarding the log in issue, I sometimes encounter the problem where I can´t log in as a created user even through the webinterface on a computer (met with incorrect email or password). When changing to the default log in admin/admin I´m able to log in and can see that the user still exist. Can this be related to the Android problem? I am using the same log in details for the computer and phone but i still meets the incorrect email or password on the phone.. obviously Im doing something wrong I just can´t figure out why.. any other suggestions?

Kind regards

If you added a device as an admin user, you can then go into Settings > Users > Devices and link that device to any user you want.

I'm not sure what the problem with login can be. There should be no difference whatsoever between logging in from computer and from the phone. I can try myself if you provide details.

Noa7 years ago

Cheers Anton, I now found where I could add devices to users, sorry about that.

The login through traccar mananager and Samsung webbrowser still persists however. If you could have a look at 62.102.148.189:45629 and make any suggestion it would be much appreciated!

/Cheers!

Address that you provided doesn't accept any connections.