Lone worker features

mmcnamee7 years ago

Hi Anton,

The traccar client and server are great work and the support you provide is second to none!

Do you have any plans to implement the following features required for Lone Worker type scenarios?

1. Heartbeat / check-in - the user must send an "ok" every x minutes or hours
  2. SOS feature - would link in well with the existing SOS features but from the app
  3. Fall detection mode - switchable. e.g. if you are working at height, enable the feature which could use the accelerometer in the phone

Just wondered if anyone had suggested these features before?

Thanks,

Mark

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

SOS feature is there in the Android version. As for other two, I don't think anyone suggested those before.

James Dalziel7 years ago

I'd like to second those suggestions! Traccar is an amazing solution, but I'd love to see it expanded in a few key ways, as mmcnamee suggests. I doubt feature parity would be possible, but anything you could integrate from other lone worker type apps (e.g: this one) would be amazing. Just my $0.02c!

Thanks.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Any feature suggestions should be done through github. Also, you need to describe in details all the features you need and provide use case(s).

James Dalziel7 years ago

Will do. Thanks!

mmcnamee6 years ago

Hi,

I couldn't find anything in Github for this, so I've raised https://github.com/tananaev/traccar-client-ios/issues/62

Thanks,

Mark