Meitrack MVT800 is not working on my traccar server

Iwan5 years ago

Hi,

I can not get my Meitrack MVT800 to work on my traccar server.

I have done the following:

• set up the traccar server and opened all ports required (80, 5020) from the internet to my server
  • Downloaded the Traccar iPhone Client
  • Registered the iPhone client identifier in the traccar server and BOOM! working fine.
  • When I check the log the iPhone app is nicely leaving behind the GPS coordinates and a timestamp

Now when I try to connect my Meitrack MVT800 it does not work...

• I registered it in traccar with the IMEI number
  • When I look at the logs I don't even see that it is trying to connect
  • Below you see a picture of my GPRS settings

GPRS settings MVT800

Does anyone have a clue how I can get this to work?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Have you followed troubleshooting guide?

Iwan5 years ago

Hey Anton,

Yes, I followed this guide:
https://www.traccar.org/troubleshooting/

But no luck ....

If you followed the guide, you should know exactly what the issue is.

Iwan5 years ago

I wish I would....

I tried to compare the HEX outputs converted to ASCII
This is the output:

ASCII output

It looks like the MVT800 is trying to communicate, but only half of the information is there, it does not even send the ID ...

Why do you think it's MVT800 output? It's almost certainly is not from your device.

Iwan5 years ago

You are right ... The IP address "125.124.26.230" is Chinese and not from my MVT800, I just noticed that.
So this tells me the MVT800 does not send any data at all, but when I check the data usage dashboard from the mobile provider I see that data is actually used on that sim card ...

Yes, it means that device does not report anything to this server. It could still be reporting somewhere else (old config?).

Iwan5 years ago

I just did a factory default on the devices ad reconfigured it with the same details as above ... and still no luck...
When I actually call the number of the sim card I get an SMS message back with the location ... but it's not sending any data to my server...

Iwan5 years ago

It's working now ... my NAT rule did not contain any DST port 5020 only 5020 in the SRC, and this caused strange behavior...