migrate mysql from one server to another

GabiMoreno8 months ago

Hello, I have a traccar server on Windows with its users created and running and I created a new one with Ubuntu OS My question is how can I get and where that Windows database is and how do I transfer it to the Linux server that I create new so that my users continue to have their services. I know that the Linux server uses H2 and I have to create the mysql Database, where is the folder to create it? thank you

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

What database are you using on Windows?

GabiMoreno8 months ago

Mysql

Then you should migrate your MySQL database to your Linux server and use it there. The question doesn't seem to be related to Traccar.

GabiMoreno8 months ago

The question is how do I save the Windows database and upload it to Linux so that users can migrate from one server to another?

Have you read the MySQL documentation?

GabiMoreno8 months ago

This is the first time I try to move the database from one server to another. Yes I read it but I will read it again, thank you

Track-trace8 months ago

You would make a database backup and restore it in mysql server in your Linux server.

There are several ways to do it. But i normally install Phpmyadmin on each server so that it is very easy to backup and restore the database.

GabiMoreno8 months ago

Thank you very much, I will try that way.