Migrating from GPSGate

David Cole6 years ago

Yeah I looked again and found that. My bad. My regex was a little greedy.

All good, seems to be going in now. Not bad 3 years worth of history. It’s great that GPSGate keeps that. Does traccar outside of the dB? Ie a way of dumping all the terminal commands received from devices?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

You can see all received data in the logs, if that's what you are asking.

David Cole6 years ago

Is there a way of pushing the received entires to a new log? Like if log4j pushing those types of entirest to a new file. One that I could make permanent

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

No.

Andy Barnard6 years ago

I've also migrated recently from GpsGate for a charity I support, mainly because GpsGate have gone from 'legacy' licenses (free unless support is required) to paying on a monthly basis per tracked vehicle.

I don't have track logs, but do have the GPSgate server database (which I can back up and restore using mysqldump, just like the traccar database). However the schema is not easy to interpret and according to GpsGate you should not access it directly but should use the REST or SOAP API to recover track logs - see https://forum.gpsgate.com/viewtopic.php?t=21629

On balance we decided that was too much effort for historical data going back about 5 years, so we're not going to do it - but we will keep the GpsGate front end live for a few weeks without active devices (0 devices == $0 under the new licensing regime). When there isn't much call for historical data any more I guess we'll take the GpsGate server down.

David Cole6 years ago

Yeah that terminal log that I was getting out of GPSGate was perfect for dumping all my old waypoints into traccar.

I never worked out the dB schema either. And also with their change to the licensing you can’t add any addons and I’m not sure if the rest api is there by default?