Minimum resources to run an instance with the new interface.

Turbovix2 years ago

Hi !
What would be the minimum configuration to run a Traccar instance with the modern interface taking into account 1 registered module?, I'm asking this question because I uploaded an instance (T2 micro on AWS) (1 core - 1 GbRAM) to test this new interface in React. Only with two modules registered, but it stops constantly due to lack of computational resources, either processor or ram. So I switched to (T2 small) and the problems are gone.
My question is: does React in relation to pure Javascript need more resources? Would you know which features are acceptable for:
1 to 50, 50 to 100, 100 to 500 for example?

Thanks.

x6883992 years ago

Try do add a couple of Gb of swap-space.

Turbovix2 years ago

This question is important because in my case that I live in Brazil and our currency in relation to the US dollar is 1X5, and these resources are all quoted in dollars, we have to properly size the contracted resources.

Turbovix2 years ago

You say to make a different Swap partition as is done in the installation of a Linux distro?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Web interface doesn't take any server resources.

I have noticed that 1GB hasn't been enough recently. I would recommend using at least 2GB RAM. Note that it has nothing to do with the type of the web app. It must be related to some other changes.

Turbovix2 years ago

Amazingly, Amazon allows this, it even has a post with information on how to proceed.

But that's not what I'm looking for, I need to have an idea of the resources needed for some scenarios. So I can make the correct hiring of the necessary resources.

Turbovix2 years ago
Turbovix2 years ago

Anton, yes I found this very strange, since the feature would be the Browser. But the same scenario with the legacy interface the server remains available. Tell me something, with the scenario you have in offering Traccar for free, and taking into account the number of users on a given server. What would be the acceptable resource for a quantity of 100 modules on AWS servers?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

For a 100 devices I would recommend a 4GB Linux instance with good SSD drives. That's a minimum. Depending on the reporting frequency and other details, it might not be enough.

Turbovix2 years ago

Perfect, now I can have a basis of what I should hire. Thanks.