Missed points from client

inmanmd7 years ago

Hello,

Can you take a look at this screen: https://imgur.com/a/GEQTW.

It seems like the Client did not sent all the points to the server, or the server did not recorded the points. What's your recommendation to improve accuracy?
We'd like to have an accurate distance measure with the client.

Thank you,
Vasile

inmanmd7 years ago

I missed to mention that I'm using demo5 server.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You need to find out what the problem was. Maybe you just didn't have GPS signal.

inmanmd7 years ago

I see. But, is there a feature for the system to emulate road driving (and distance calculation) based on points?
Thank you.

No, there is no such feature.

inmanmd7 years ago

Ok.
But Can you explain a little but how the distance is measured? Does it calculate direct meters between different point or it snaps the points on map and then calculates the distances?

Thank you.
Vasile

Direct distance between points.

Nick5 years ago

Hi @inmanmd and Anton,
Is there a solution to the missed points yet? I'm also facing this issue and I'm still analyzing the logs where the gap is, and if the device trasmits during the gaps

However what would it take to implement OSRM snap-to-road feature in say latest traccar 4.2? Or at least make up the missed points by fake data coordinates in between the same path.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Do you mean implement it in the official release or as a customisation?

Nick5 years ago

Either - in the official release or as a customization.
If we're not using Google maps API like many Traccar users do, then OSRM snap to road is a very useful feature to give smooth and natural routing especially around turns and even in cases like @inmanmd above snapshot.

Thanks a lot

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

For official open source version you need to create a feature request on GitHub. If you want to go with customisation option, please send an email to discuss pricing.