Missing icons on map

Dear all,
My Traccar installation was working fine, now the markers of the devices on the map have disappeared.
I tried different browsers, clear cache and reboot server to no avail.
Individual icons are visible in the Category drop down menu under Device properties > Extra.
Developer Options show no 404 error while loading page, I have generated a HAR file for analysis if needed.
I tried to look at the HTML markup but you can only go down to the map canvas and that's it.
Web client is accessed through server IP address, I don't have a domain assigned to it right now.

It appears something is broken in the map overlay. What could be the cause of this?

Many thanks
Niccolo

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

What is 404 for?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Wait you said no 404. Not sure why you even mentioned it then. What are the errors in the console?

Hi Anton,
No errors appear in the Console log with Firefox, Edge and Chrome
In the Network log I see no 404 not found errors, only 200 and 304 codes

I checked for 404 errors because I assumed the icons weren't loading

I have tried to submit a dummy data point to one of the demo Traccar servers, and the marker appears just fine; this confirms no browser issue.
I tried the iconless Traccar web client on another PC, with a different IP address, and it exhibits same issue.
Looks like the issue lies in my specific Traccar installation - Version 4.6
I can always start from scratch but it would be interesting to know why it is happening.

Dear Anton, this issue occurs only on one specific server, and not on another installation or demo Traccar server.
The markers however are there, i.e. I can open http://xxx/images/bicycle.svg
Could it be because I'm accessing the web interface from an IP address and not a domain?

Thank you
Niccolo