Modern UI 5.0 Live Route color

anpalama2 years ago

I have some issues with the modern UI:

• the color of the live route and report cannot be personalized
    In version 4.15 I could choose the arrow as a device symbol. Also the arrow moved in right direction while device was moving.
    In Version 5.0 arrow could not be choosed as a symbol and it is static
Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Why do you want to personalize the color?

anpalama2 years ago

in 4.15 it is possible to configure color for each device

I'm aware, but that's not an answer to my question.

anpalama2 years ago
anpalama2 years ago

Thanks.
What's about the arrow symbol?
Could you fix it also?

Do you mean just adding an arrow as another icon option? Or actually rotating it to show direction? The latter is more complicated and I don't know if there's a good way of doing it currently.

anpalama2 years ago

I mean both, adding as symbol and rotate it while moving. In old version it works.
Thanks

Can you please provide more details on why you need both.

anpalama2 years ago

in the old version it works and it's pretty cool. An arrow without rotation make no sense.

One thing is that it looks cool and the other thing if it's a critical feature for some business reason. If you have some good reasons for adding it back, please submit on github.

anpalama2 years ago

if so complicated and inflexible than I mean the old ui is better option for me. I don't see any advantages of modern ui.

I don't think that's the right attribute. The legacy app will not be supported forever, so it would be good if people helped with improving the modern app with the features they want.

anpalama2 years ago

How can I use this fix now? Will this only appear in the next version or could it be implemented now?

Fixed:
https://github.com/traccar/traccar-web/commit/e01380561a113f868538e9a3399fc2406e250368