multiple notifications of the same event

control taken2 years ago

cordial greetings to all, I am doing this post for the reason that on my traccar server version I have problems with notifications that the same notifications are duplicated, I had read what happened in version 5.2 and that it was solved in 5.3 I also have them enabled on telegram but they are also duplicated, I am attentive to any contribution to solve this problem
https://prnt.sc/RFUXvmB-3Rme

control taken2 years ago

I correct they are not duplicates, I receive multiple notifications, it is almost the same but so that you know better, every time I receive a notification from a device I receive approximately 1 every 30 to 60 seconds approximately, in addition the problem persists for several minutes until I A total of 10 notifications arrive and I stop receiving them.

I had 5.0, it didn't present any problem, I updated to 5.3 and it started to present this problem.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Do you have multiple users with this notification? Maybe it's one notification for each user?

control taken2 years ago

anton, well in 5.0 I have the same configuration as in a test vps there I uploaded the 5.3 test, each user is assigned the notification of turning on or off the vehicle, which reaches the telegram or gmail, but if a vehicle it emits a vehicle off event, the notification that therefore should arrive 1 time in the telegram, I receive multiple notifications which are in a period of 30 to 60 seconds, I receive 1 notification and that repeats 5 or 6 times.

Each user is assigned this notification so that they arrive, the gps device is also configured to emit these alerts and they are sent through the channel assigned to the user, either gmail or telegram.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, because the way of assigning notifications may have changed in version 5.3, but the device still sends multiple notifications of the same event, which I wouldn't want to do.

I look forward to your suggestion

control taken2 years ago

In total users on my server I have approximately 50 users and each one has this notification assigned,
but the problem is that the same device sends the notification to telegram or gmail multiple times of the same event, making it annoying to receive the same notification from 5 to 10 times

Is the notification configured for multiple user accounts? If yes, then it's expected that each one of them should receive a separate notification. Please confirm.

control taken2 years ago

Yes, of the 50 users, I have that notification for turning the vehicle on and off for approximately 40 user accounts, which are sent through the gmail and telegram channels and the same notification arrives multiple times. in my web admin account and in the bot account in telegram they arrive multiple times.

By "same notification arrives multiple times" do you mean it arrives for each user that has this notification? If yes, that's by design.

control taken2 years ago

Of course I understand, the normal thing is that the notification should arrive 1 time per user, but the problem is that it arrives from 5 to 10 times, that is what I am referring to makes me spam the same notification and can confuse the user. In version 5.0 I don't see a problem, it comes only once and it's excellent, but in 5.3 they come many times. so I kindly ask for guidance to know if I'm doing something wrong, since I have the same configuration as in 5.0

control taken2 years ago

I know what triggered the error, I hadn't restarted the machine when saving some changes, because I was upgrading to 5.3 but I had connection problems, I already opened an issue related to that. and this I will give completion. given that I have a problem in mysql only when I update traccar to 5.3 because in 5.1 and 5.2 I have no problems updating.