Mysql error change

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Traccar uses external service to resolve address. By default it uses Google API.

I have tried to debug the result returned from geocoder API and it's in correct encoding.

aspero9 years ago

Hi,

I managed to fix this (I'm on OpenSUSE).

1. Login to console with the user that runs the server (sudo /opt/traccar/bin/traccar start)
    It seems that it's run by root, I didn't try other user.
  2. Go to you your home directory (/root in this case)
  3. Create or update your .bashrc and .profile with:

export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8

Please note: updating .profile and export LANG=en_US.UTF-8, export LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8 may not be necessary but I haven't check that yet.

1. source ~/.bashrc to activate it in current shell
  2. sudo /opt/traccar/bin/traccar restart

DONE :)
Other option (I think better but I didn't try it) would be to set default encoding - java app may read it from environment or it may be set directly in app:

System.setProperty("file.encoding", "UTF-8");
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/361975/setting-the-default-java-character-encoding

Bartek.

Please try to set following parameter in the wrapper.conf file:

wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

If it works, I can include it by default.

aspero9 years ago

Yes, it works.

Thanks for feedback and for the fix suggestion. I have committed the fix into the repository, so the encoding will be set to UTF-8 by default starting from next release.

mmcfly9 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm also confirming it works as the solution for my problem as described in another topic here.

But I also found another solution for it yesterday:

I added some code into JsonReverseGeocoder.java:

added line:
/addedLine/import java.nio.charset.Charset;

and:

/*addedLine*/Charset charset = Charset.forName("UTF8");
             InputStreamReader streamReader = new InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream()/*addedStart*/,charset/*addedEnd*/);

I also changed the format of address to use postal_town instead of regions and put the house number after the address like this:
First Street 2, AT-1234 Testgebiet

Thanks guys for this solution, easier to implement.

Best regards

csatika9 years ago

Hi Guys!

I could not solve this problem, not clear to me Bartek's last description, could not find .bashrc and .profile files in my home directory . If I create this files, what should be the content?

I am using Traccar Windows 64 bit 3.1 version with new web interface, mysql database, google geocoding.

If address value contains "Ü Ö Ű Ő Í" characters, the following error message is:

2015-10-30 11:42:58  WARN: Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x91i \xC3\xBA...' for column 'address' at row 1 - SQLException (... < QueryBuilder.java:412 < DataManager.java:329 < DefaultDataHandler.java:27 < ...)

2015-10-30 11:42:58  INFO: [7BE4D8A9] id: 4, time: Fri Oct 30 07:31:09 CET 2015, lat: 47.4675259, lon: 19.1179141, speed: 0.0, course: 0.0

Database url on my config file: jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/carinfo?allowMultiQueries=true&autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=yes&characterEncoding=UTF-8&sessionVariables=sql_mode=ANSI_QUOTES

MySQL Server version:5.5

Best Regards.

csatika9 years ago

Hi, thanks for your help!

The real solution was for me, I modified the character encoding (in mysql database address column) from utf8 to utf8mb4_general_ci.

Thanks for everything, good job!

atrocs7 years ago

Csatika, so you basically only changed mysql database characterset and collation coding like that (in mysql prompt)?

ALTER DATABASE databasename CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci;

I'm having the same error as you guys, but in my case solution presented by aspero is not working. I tried to change this locale settings in my user profile as well as in root profile (and .bashrc thereof), with no luck. I'm getting:

-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (UTF-8): No such file or directory

I tried to install language pack:

sudo apt-get install language-pack-en

but it didn't solved the problem.

any ideas how to fix this in 2017?

my exact error:

2017-03-28 20:21:34 WARN: Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x82awa ...' for column 'address' at row 1 - SQLException (... < QueryBuilder:473 < DataManager:296 < DefaultDataHandler:27 < ...)

Best,
Adam

mmcfly7 years ago

Hi Adam,

the collation change itself is not going to be enough, try this:

ALTER TABLE positions
 CHANGE address address VARCHAR(512) CHARSET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci NULL,
 CHARSET=utf8mb4, COLLATE=utf8mb4_general_ci;

Greetings,

Miro

P.S.: You can also try this:

ALTER DATABASE databasename CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci;

instead of your query:

ALTER DATABASE databasename CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci;

but if any of the tables or fields have different charset and/or collation set up it won0t work.

atrocs7 years ago

Thanks for fast reply Miro,

I tried both queries you posted, but when I'm inserting first one I'm getting error:

ERROR 1067 (42000): Invalid default value for 'devicetime'

second one "went through" but didn't changed anything (error still visible in logs)

Any ideas?

Best,
Adam

mmcfly7 years ago

OK, then just try this:

ALTER TABLE positions
CHANGE address address VARCHAR(512) CHARSET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci NULL;

it will only alter the charset for column 'address' and leave other columns intact

Greetings,
Miro

atrocs7 years ago

Great! Thanks a lot Miro!

At first I tried your query and was still getting the same error. I found out however (thanks to this thread) that the problem was because of sql_modes. By default it is set to "NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE" in new mysql versions.

Solution was to simply enter:

SET sql_mode = '';

Then I ran your query which worked like a charm!

Also, I'm not getting error in traccar log anymore so changing char encoding of the column 'address' in mysql worked out perfectly :D

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Adam

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

@atrocs, it sounds like you didn't follow the official documentation:

https://www.traccar.org/mysql/

It sets the "sql_mode" to empty.