new google permissions

Rock3 years ago

HI! Has anyone already uploaded a new version of the client to play.google? He asks me for a video of the location in the background, but I really don't understand what he asks me!
thanks

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

That's the new policy from Google. We haven't uploaded the official app yet either because of that.

Rock3 years ago

well, we are the same. This week I upload a modified version for our platform. It depends on what google tells me to tell you. If you upload it before us, post a tutorial. Hug and thanks for everything.

asher3 years ago

I uploaded the latest one from the Nov version. This is what I get from google:

Update your app to comply with the Location permissions policy
Track xxxx
Trackxxxx
Nov 22, 2020 01:40
We updated our policies to improve user privacy and will allow apps to access background location only if it's critical to the core functionality and provides clear user benefit.

You must resubmit your app for review and approval by January 18, 2021

In our review of your previous submission, your app was not approved to use background location data. Please:

Review the feedback and make any necessary changes to your app to comply with this policy
Resubmit your updated app and Location permissions declaration form for approval
Apps that don't comply with our policies may be removed from Google Play. If your app is not eligible to access location in the background or does not meet requirements for accessing location in the background, please remove the permission from your manifest and in-app functionality.

If you or someone from your team has submitted a declaration or updated app permissions in the last 10 days, this message may not reflect your recent change.

asher3 years ago

Anyone has a solution to that, I uploaded video of the location info. after which I received the above.

Rock3 years ago

hi! any news???? thx!

We will be removing background location permission. Turns out it's not needed because we are using foreground service.

Rock3 years ago

Oh! Excellent! let's do the test

Rock3 years ago

hi! the latest github update, has these changes ????

Yes.

Rock3 years ago

OH!!!! THX!!! you and your team do a great job!!!

Rock3 years ago

Sorry Anton ... but to use the latest version of the client that I downloaded from github I had to install the IDE 4.2 beta. Is this correct or did I do something wrong? Thanks again!

Seems correct.