Newbie here using Freematics ONE+. I can see my location history but no "trips" show up. Is that expected behaviour?

trashcan2 years ago

I can see and follow along with my location history, but a lot of the features don't display anything. For example, I have no "routes" or "trips", despite taking several different drives over the past few days.

I'm guessing the Freematics ONE+ only sends a limited amount of data to the traccar server and that's why a lot of the features are blank for me, is that right? If I were to reprogram my Freematics ONE+ would I be able to see more data?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Sounds like some configuration issue(s). Most of the features should work.

trashcan2 years ago

Thanks for the reply! Can you help me out understanding where I can go to learn more about this? I also pulled some data from the API and I got the same amount of info I'm seeing on the web UI. The Freematics page says it's supposed to run traccar out of the box. Would this be something I need to get into the Freematics ONE+ programming to fix?

It's very hard to say without any details. What information do you see and what is missing? Have you followed the troubleshooting guide?

trashcan2 years ago

Let me see if I can give you the details! I'm using a Freematics ONE+ traccar edition. My car is online, I can see it's location on the map currently (and for the past few days). I have a Hyundai.

In the reports feature, I can see the following data:
Lat/lon, speed, identifier, course, altitude, accuracy, valid, protocol, device time, server time, HDOP, satellites, battery, distance, total distance, RPM, throttle, motion, acceleration, device temperature (what units is this in? the temp says 3 but its about 70F/20C here), obd speed

There is no data for the following fields:
address, raw, index, VDOP, PDOP, visible satellites, RSSI, GPS, Roaming, Event, Alarm, Status, Odometer, service odometer, trip odometer, hours, steps, input, input 1-4, Output, output 1-4, power, battery level, fuel, fuel consumption, firmware version, hardware version, type, ignition, flags, charge, IP, archive, VIN, approximate, geofence (I don't have one set), armed, temp 1-4, operator, command, blocked, DTCs, obd odometer, command result, driver unique Id, color, image, video, audio.

Is there somewhere I can go to find out what all of these fields mean? Some are self explanatory, but some are not.

From the names of the types of data it looks like it's possible for my Freematics ONE+ to read the OBD-II messages and tell me (for example) how much fuel I have left. I'm guessing this is something that I would have to custom define myself since that's not the same for every manufacturer, is that right? Is there a community of people who do things like this where I could see what they've done?

That's expected that device is not sending some of those attributes. I don't think there's any device that sends everything.