no log file in log folder

DaveGG3 years ago

I all.
I do install traccar windows version (last august) in my machine windows 8 pro 64 bits.
I go internet to run my device from a demo server demo3traccar
I send before an sms to call ip/port demo server and I' m in, have tracker green, but (maybe i'm lost with the procedure) when I go to my C:/program file/traccar/log/... I don't have a file log.txt make inside. Why?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Is Traccar service running? How is demo server related?

DaveGG3 years ago

Hi Anton, thanks for your time. I'm not sure what you mean with Server related.
The Server 3 demo is online and my tracker is Green and I think is working, sometimes is offline but come back online after 1or 2 minutes. I received notificaciones push so, I think is working.
Regards!!
PS: I think that I need change protocol to TopinDecoderJava. But without log file... You know?

Well, is your question about demo server or your local server?

DaveGG3 years ago

Okay, I think I understand him now. If I install traccar for windows, is it to work later with my own server? If it is correct then how can I test and apply the necessary protocol on a test server?
I can apologize, the computer issue is not my strong suit.

What do you mean by "apply the necessary protocol"?

DaveGG3 years ago

All protocol are enabled by default. You don't need to do anything extra.

DaveGG3 years ago

I mean that i'm use a wrong protocol to my tracker, my tracker is a ZX303 (maybe need topinprotocoldecoderjava) and now I run in a GT06 or H02 protocol, for that i think the server send wrong data like level battery, down RSSI, 0 altitude, and more...
Don worry about this quest, I try to fix it definitely

DaveGG3 years ago

Sorry.......
Buil from source
Make sure you get both repositories if you want web interface to work.
https://github-com.translate.goog/traccar/traccar?_x_tr_sl=en&_x_tr_tl=es&_x_tr_hl=es&_x_tr_pto=nui,op

I click on Code and a wheel is all time running!! Don't show me download.
Really this is so difficult? Pfffff....

Are you a software engineer? Why are you trying to build it from the source?

DaveGG3 years ago

OMG, I finally understood something ... Software engineer? I? LOL.
Ok, to change the protocol or apply it I just needed to change the port. SMS ip/port
Здоровье!