No notification on Android 13

Maciej2 months ago

Recently I changed phone from Redmi 8 Note Pro (Android 11) to Poco X6 (Android 13). On new phone I don't have notification when I run Traccar service, so if I forgot about turning it on I'm not aware of this. On both phones I have version 7.2 of Traccar, but on Android 13 the Notification section in settings is greyed out. It was working (and still working) without problems on Android 11.

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

On newer versions of Android Google moved sticky notifications into a separate section. Check if you see it if you pull down the notifications drawer.

Maciej2 months ago

I think I turned off new look, I can see sticky notification from OruxMaps, but I cannot turn on notifications for Traccar. Screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/CstkHJy

This is what it looks like on stock Android on Pixel device. See the bubble at the bottom saying that 1 app is active.

android

Maciej2 months ago

How it looks is another thing, but the problem is that I cannot turn on notifications, because the switch is disabled. It is like Android doesn't know that application can show notifications. For example camera application behave same.

That is expected. I also see notifications section disabled. It's not required for service notifications, from what I can tell.

Maciej2 months ago

However on two Android 11 phones Oppo and Xiaomi the notification section is enabled and I can see notification that service is running. Maybe on pure Android it's working, but on MIUI definitely not.