Not receiving location anymore.

Jake7 years ago

Hi there,

After installing I opened up port 8082 & 5055 and the device worked perfectly. Only after a server restart, the device stays offline.
When going to my mobile, I see in the log it doesn't send any location (it did before). Can this be a server or a mobile issue?

EDIT: It does send SOS, but not its location

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

If you don't see location updates on the status screen in the app, then it's device issue.

Jake7 years ago

Aah alright, so even when the server is offline, the log will show the device send its location to the server?
I restarted the service a few times, and suddenly it works again.
Since the server runs on a Google Cloud Compute Engine, could it be possible that the server itself might block the device since it tries to send it every 10 seconds?

Even if the server is offline you should see location update messages on the status screen.

Server can't block device from sending data.

Jake7 years ago

"Even if the server is offline you should see location update messages on the status screen.

Server can't block device from sending data."
Thanks a lot! I'll look into that issue.

Also, is there an alarm that can go off when the device is not moving for ~5/10 minutes?

There is unknown device status if there were no messages for 10 minutes. You can enable notification for it.

Jake7 years ago

Anton, is it normal that mobile devices sometime stop sending after some time? Because they are locked or something?
With a device as:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/COBAN-Car-vehicle-GPS-tracker-GPS104-TK104-60days-standby-Built-in-large-capacity-6000MA-battery-deep/2049924931.html

I might get better results? Or is there a trick to-do in android?

kaykor7 years ago

If it is an Android phone good luck, but first try to stop the battery app from stopping traccar. (settings,device maintenance, battery, unmonitored apps add Traccar Client) I have had mixed results with Android phones, some work great others not so much. Same with IOS phones.

You are headed in the right direction with a dedicated device, less headaches. I personally use Keelin from en.eelink.com.cn and find they work good for my purpose.

Jake7 years ago
kaykor7 years ago

It is listed as a supported device under traccar, has large batteries (not rechargeable?) but is it 2G, or 3G, it may not matter where you are but it North America they are phasing 2G out. At $85.00USD I think you can find better for less. But it depends on your usage, is it for something that is usually stationary or do you want live tracking? This seems large for personal live tracking scenario, where as the link I provided in the earlier post is comfortable small, smaller than a deck of playing cards. Lasts about 2 days on a charge and is rechargeable and plus it is about half the price.
contact Ellen @ eelink.com.cn

As for advance features other than tracking I have no idea as I do not use them at this time.