Notification Token

Cristiana year ago

Hello everyone

I'm configuring push notifications in traccar 5.5

I added the firebase service account configuration to the XML configuration file.

I deleted the notification token for an old user then logged into the app with that user so a new notification token was created and the app did it.

but when I try a notification in the firebase channel for that client I get the following error:

none of the tokens can be null or empty - IllegalArgumentException (... < NotificatorFirebase:91 < NotificationResource:96 < ...)

What am I missing?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Are you sure there's no empty value separated by comma or something like that?

Cristiana year ago

I checked and the token contained no blanks.

I did the following:
1.- Login from the pc to Traccar.
2.- I deleted the user notification token and saved the changes.
3.- Exit Traccar and clear the history.
4.- Login again to Traccar and when reviewing the user's account there was the notification token attribute but it was blank. So I deleted it.
5.- Login from the app to create a new token and it was created.
6.- Login to Traccar from the pc to create a notification and I did the test from the test channel and the push notification arrived to the mobile phone.

As far as I could see the problem originated because when I deleted the user's notification token, there was still a blank one.

I had previously reviewed the solution proposed here https://github.com/traccar/traccar-web/commit/8dbfbcd6a5b7c9356c335debec28e70cd3952cb2

and verified that the changes were in my code and indeed they are.

Is this related to the problem I had?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It could be related. Have you checked for commas?

Cristiana year ago

In the last token created there are no commas.
But in the tests I did, a very long token was created that did contain commas.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It probably means it was several. Tokens are separated by commas. As long as there are no empty value before, after or in between, it should be fine.