Notifications odd behavior. (repetition, dissapearing, etc)

Richard Acosta2 years ago

I have a set of notifications enabled for most users and another set of notifications for other users.
The fist group has only a few notificactions (movement, geofence in/out and speed)
The 2nd group (administrator/s) have also some alarms, maintenance, etc...
But that's it, there's no mess with notifications, is all very sorted out.

Now, I have noticed some time ago, and took some measures, but still is happening.

From time to time, notifications dissapear from general panel and I have to re write/config them. Some times one or two, 5 minutes ago all of them.
But the worst thing is that users start to get ALL notifications enabled, the old ones and the "new" ones as if to them, they never disspeared.

And from time to time, I go user by user to disable ALL notifications, delete ANY undesirable notifications and then re enabling them on each user.
But still, this mess keeps happening.

https://i.imgur.com/5YlbcId.png

(markdown for images here seems not to be working either)

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Changes won't happen on its own. You need to figure out who changed something.

And each time I disable all notifications for users, all programmed from notifications panel dissapear, I have to program the again, and then they all appear several times on each user. Is nonsense....

Now, the same user as 5 minutes ago, has a WHOLE NEW set of notifications, even though there's none configured...

https://i.imgur.com/HKiqBU3.png

Hello Anton, noone changed nothing, I'm administrator and I manage notifications. I changed nothing and as you see, in the last 10 minutes things went bananas after I disabled all notifications from users.
If I disable on user, they should'nt dissappear from general notifications panel, and they never should appear on user's if not enabled for them.

What version are you using?

Hello again, current installation is 4.15

Are you sure you're using an official version without any modifications?

Yes it is the official version, always DL from your web.
Also I try to not update for some time until everything seems to work fine for everyone else, also test it on a 2nd server with dummy trackers, make some tests and then when everything seems fine I upgrade the main/production server.

I'm sure things don't just disappear. Maybe some UI glitch. But without a way to reproduce it, I don't think we can fix it.

Ok, never mind, I just found out that unless I have them assigned to me (admin) notifications keep existing and can't delete them.
For some reason I was convinced that notifications were always present for admin to create or delete.

I'm sorry, the glitch was in my brain.

Now, the other issue, some times notifications stop being sent to users, but since is not very common and only happened with 2 users, i'm still waiting for more development about it.
Once I delete the notification, create a new one and assign it, the user starts again to receive them. Disabling and re-enabling notifications does not work.