Offline Buffer Issues (Takes long)

phoenixwarrior9510 months ago

I have a traccar server with a few devices (android and iphone). If a device goes offline, the location will be inaccurate until some time passes and all of the data buffers. Is there any way to speed up the process?

So for example, if one of my devices was on a plane and there is no connection for 12 hours, it will take a few hours or up to a day for all of the location data to buffer. It doesnt buffer as quickly as I would like it to buffer. The longer the device has been offline, the longer it takes to buffer. I remember one time when I was on vacation and I couldnt access my server for 10 days due to it being offline, then the moment I put it back online, data buffering took a few days and all locations of the devices were not up to date. Perhaps there is something in the server-side configuration that I need to change for it to buffer quicker?

Anton Tananaev10 months ago

Why does it take so long for you? How much data are you collecting? Something must be slow in your setup.

The only configuration option is disable buffering.

phoenixwarrior9510 months ago

My polling interval is every second. I know its a lot. It does take quite a bit of storage/ram.

What happens if i disable buffering on each of the devices? will it only show current location once online?

Also, thank you for the quick response.

Anton Tananaev10 months ago

It will not store any location when it's offline.