[Poll] New web app features

Han Wer4 years ago

With web reports you at least have an overview. So in order to make developers life easy I would prioritize 1. "only web reports" and hook up excel reports to sometime after first set of main features are implemented.

Han Wer4 years ago

Also I would go with henry beltran's prio list but swap Geofence with Notifications since you need notifications when a geofence is triggered.

henry beltran4 years ago

And agree with Han, first web reports, but no forget the excel reports

Matt4 years ago

Make reports permission based. I would like to be able to share current locations of my vehicles with some of my clients without giving permission to view reports which would allow them to see where they have been historically.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

To clarify this thread again. We are not developing any new features until we migrate everything or most existing features into the new app. Please don't use this thread to suggest completely new features. There are other places where you can do that. This is purely to prioritize migration, so more people can start using new web app sooner.

Gyula Mester4 years ago

automatic lock when leaving the virtual fence

Oluwatobi4 years ago

HI anton

My priority features would be

1. Status:
  • Location address
  • Speed
  • Ignition status
  • Course
  • Altitude
  • Total distance
  • Distance
  • Fuel value
  1. Movement should be identified by color code. Blue for stopped, yellow for ignition on and not moving, green for moving, red for offline.

2. Status bar should float on the object and not take up a fixed position as we have for the mobile app

3. User configuration, server configuration, where you add map, timezone, etc

4. Reports in excel, email and web view

5. Geozoning

6. Events

simplementese4 years ago

I add to this same thing that Oluwatobi wrote.

I think those functions are basic for users.

Administrators can then use the old interface for the rest of the options.

I really think that many of us are anxious, the new interface looks very modern and pleasant.

Thank you

Ronaldo4 years ago

Wow ... what an interesting topic! I'm glad I got to it ... and I recommend everyone to read all the topics because it's good!

Anton, if I understood your poll, I'll tell you this:

I have been working with tracking since 2003/2004 (not as a programmer), but it was only about 3 years ago that I discovered TRACCAR ... I still haven't discovered everything it does (I must be in about 70%), but of everything I discovered I insist that it be maintained.

Do not remove anything, as there is still 30% to discover ...

Of course, it is very easy for me to ask for this since I am not the one to program, but what I can say is:

thanks for this great project!

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

We plan to keep everything. The question was mostly around what to implement first so more people can start using new web app earlier.

Ronaldo4 years ago

I'm glad you will keep everything ... if the poll is still valid, here we go:

From my point of view, the new interface initially only needs to "monitor" and "operate a few features" aimed at basic vehicle tracking.

1 - In the main monitoring interface:

DEVICES & COMMANDS:
-Name
-Last update
-Color (connection status)
-Hour / Date
-Valid
-Velocity
-Address
-Ignition
-Alarms
-Block
-Unlock

MAP:
-Icon (default)
-Color (connection status)

REPORT:
-Route
-Event

2 - The secondary menus are based on what the main interface will provide. But they are also dispensable since the native interface is present and complete.

The other features (from the simplest to the most robust) that TRACCAR has are focused on LOGISTICS and SECURITY - a little more for the future.

br03 years ago

Здравствуйте , хотел бы присоединиться к обсуждению в этой теме. Сжато и конкретно

1. Цвета автомобилей(которые отвечают за состояние онлайн,оффлайн) и это первое что бросается в глаза.
  2. Увеличение карты при нажатии на объект.
  3. Более информативное отображение атрибутов или хотя бы уберите переход при нажатии. Возможно оставить выбор отображаемых атрибутов за пользователем. Это важная часть мониторинга.
  4. Конечно же отчеты. Построение графиков. Отображение нужных нам атрибутов, сигналов тревоги.
    Спасибо.