Position filtered by Duplicate Distance filters from device: xxx

florin214 years ago

i am doing the filtering way to aggressive ?

i have this config

<entry key='filter.distance'>50</entry>
  <entry key='filter.zero'>true</entry>
  <entry key='filter.invalid'>true</entry>
  <entry key='filter.future'>600</entry>
  <entry key='filter.duplicate'>true</entry>

and it takes about 10 minutes from change from green/online to moving, what i am doing wrong? is the filter future? the distance?

Cristian4 years ago

filter.future config
Filter records with fix time in future. The values is specified in seconds. Records that have fix time more than specified number of seconds later than current server time would be filtered out.

florin214 years ago

@Cristian and? how is that related to my issue

Jason4 years ago

I am facing this same problem. Cananyone point us out to what could be causing this. I have more than 58 records filtered by DUPLICATE distance just by one device.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Are you saying they are not duplicates? Or you are asking why device is sending duplicates?

florin214 years ago

1 i dont know if Anton is responding to my post or Jason

2 i am doing some test and i think i have some clues why i got this issue, give me 48h to see the results and i ill post my

florin214 years ago

here a recapitulation i hope it help others and i try to explain abit

i removed <entry key='filter.future'>600</entry> and i still got "Position filtered by Duplicate ....."

in traccar server the device was green aka the last update was recent but the timestamp was hours ago in the logs i would get "Position filtered by Duplicate....."

2 days ago i was having a idea what if the device itself got stuck so i sent a custom command to reboot and the device after reboot went to the real location

that means the device was sending the same coordinates again and again so obviously traccar server would remove everything because were duplicates, so the reboot did do something, reading the device documentation i see that it have "intelligent" filtering in the device itself that in theory updates only when the device is moving, so i did sent another custom command to turn this "intelligent" filtering on the device itself, so after 2 days of testing look like the problem got solved simply by turning off that feature on the device itself