Powercut not in status anymore

Ray3 years ago

Hello,

I have a question. With standard server settings does Alarm (Powercut) show in Status?
My question is as followed. I been running tracker server for 2 month now. Al works great.
Suddenly SMS sending when powercut does not work anymore.

I was looking in to this and i see when i pull up reports and choose all events. I see the powercut alarm in status screen.
but i only see it there and not in device status. Therefore it is not sending any sms.

Anyone has a solution? Or maybe i did something wrong?
I have not changed the conf file.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Have you checked logs for errors?

Ray3 years ago

I have checked.but nothing to see.
I now reinstalled server with new database and now works. Really no clue why it stopped.

Will check old files for problem.

Ray3 years ago

Do you need to add alarm attribute yes or no to see it in status to let web or sms alarm be active. Where is the best place to add? In status field or left top devices or right top?? I am getting bit lost. What is the difference between all those attribute fields?

You have to enable SMS in the configuration file, not in attributes.

Ray3 years ago

That is enabled. But i mean when my device sends a powercut alarm i see it in my database and i see it when i open a event report. But i dont see the powercut alarm (red)in status field of the device. And it will only send a web message or a sms when its visible in status field.

Sometimes it comes up when i use attribute alarm/text. But it does not always.

Then you need to find what's broken. Adding some attributes won't help.