Problem with firewall ?

flyjodel9 years ago

I'm sorry to ask about that, but I'm always fighting with the firewall settings.

Traccar works well when accessed from http://localhost:8082
But when I try to connect from another computer, even in the same network or from the www, ak. http://myip:8082 I have no access to the server's webpage.

WWW <---> modem/routeur <---> computer (win7sp1_64bit) WITH Traccar

• in the modem/router I redirect the port TCP 8082 towards my Win7 computer's local IP (ak. 192.168.0.48)

• in the computer, I setup the advanced firewall settings :

outgoing traffic : port 8082 TCP and UDP ahtorized
incoming traffic : port 8082 TCP and UDP ahtorized

It doesn't work, the server remains unreachable from outside.

Even when I switch off the firewall nothing happens. Is there anything I should do with Java or so ?
Any advice ?

Thank you
Michel

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Are you sure your ISP provides public IP address?

You don't need to do anything with Java. It's just a standard TCP server.

ac9 years ago

Michel, did you ever solve this problem? I have the exact same issue.

flyjodel9 years ago

Yes, I solved the problem.
On Windows 7 (SP1, 64 bit), the firewall is configured like that :

Go to something like Firewall > Advanced Settings (i can't tell you exactely the titles, because my windows is in french)

inbound traffic rules :
I create 2 inbound traffic rules, one for the remote devices (port 5005-5006) and another for the server request (port 8082).
I don't know if this is not too much, but it worked :
http://imgur.com/a/XakHF

In my router, i've created 3 rules for inbound traffic, redirecting port 5005,5006 and 8082 to my computer (TCP)

and it works well, even now on a Raspberry Pi.

ac9 years ago

I see that you were able to do this, great. I opened ports 8082 and 5001 on my router (a.k.a. gateway), which according to the help files, it should not matter whether it is 5001 or 5005, as long as there is some communication with the GPS tracker device. I am not sure if the GPS tracker device is not sending the info, but I have it on another GPS tracker site and it works well.

I am going to try your solution when I get home. Hope it works.
Thanks

flyjodel9 years ago

Il is important to open the appropriate port. For example the XT107 did not work on the port 5005 even if it was setup like this. I think this is due to the decoding inside traccar. So I hab to send the data on 5006 and it worked properly.

If yoto want to make some tests

ac9 years ago

will do later on today. Hey, why does your the traccer server looks different than mine?
For example, I do not have any language choice for input.
thanks

flyjodel9 years ago

this is because I now use the web interface provided by Vitaly Litvak : http://traccar.litvak.su/
There are some additional interresting options, but the core software is the same, so, so are the logfiles.

ac9 years ago

thanks Michel, I got the phone (via the Traccar client) to communicate to the server, but not the GPS tracker. I have a Chinese close called GPS tracker 103B. Which one do you have?

flyjodel9 years ago

I bought the XT107, which processor is an original XEXUN (100 euros approx.)
I first ran my tests with the TK102, bought 30 US$ on eBay, but it was faulty and never worked. I think it was a fake one or a bad copy.

In my experience, you should really try with a device of a renowned brand at least with the original processor.

Did you manage to display your position ?

ac9 years ago

Not the TK103B, but I am quite sure it is something with the settings. I had the tracker tied to a third party web server and it was working flawlessly (I used the Xenun TK103-2 settings there). I have tried all kind of possible ports with for the Traccar, but it is no go, it is driving me nuts.

Since the GPS tracker was reporting to the other third party server, I know it is not faulty. It may be that the protocol for this tracker does not exist on Traccar? Note that TK103B is different than the TK103).

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Even if protocol is not supported (very unlikely), you should still see the data from GPS tracker in the log (there should be HEX messages).

flyjodel9 years ago

That is the aim of my proposal. You connect once to my server tell me the timestamp and I look into the files and give you the result with temporary IP and hex data.

I have opened the ports 5001-5006. If you need more ports tell it