Problem with TK20G

Alex J7 years ago

Well i have modifed lk209 with my own battery. The week spot is the battery, open it and change it with your own. You can put ltc even. I have updated the server to 3.14 version and there is one very usefull option to check stops, now i see that tk20g is not reporting stops, which is odd becouse device is not moving for more than 30 hours. How can i force it to send this state ? sms command?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

I would recommend you to read how stops and trips work:

https://www.traccar.org/documentation/trips-stops/

renaud7 years ago

Alex, could you tell me which kind of battery you did put in the lk209? Does it fit fully inside?

Alex J7 years ago

Yes i have red it, but i am not very good in software, i see default values and i think they are fine ,probably my device sends same gps coordinates non stop. I will check the logs again. About the battery you can build one from 3.7v Li ion cells or Ltc-non rechargable (must be changed). Tricky part is with dissasembling, when i change one i can make a few pic's.

Alex J7 years ago

the exact model i use is ultrafire 18650 4200mah .

renaud6 years ago

It seems there were a lot of poor quality "fake" tk20g. Did you buy yours directly from vjoycar?

Vjoycar-Eva6 years ago

Hi alex and renaud, nice to know you here

this is eva from VJOYCAR

if you buy the original tk20g from us, its battery can be taken out and replaced directly...

if need any assistance, pls kindly email me: eva@vjoycar.com

thanks

renaud6 years ago

Hi Eva,
I bought it directly from you, but this was an old model. I ordered a new one to test again a few days ago on your aliexpress shop with the removable battery. But I haven't seen any offer for a replacement battery, to replace the battery, you need to have a new one of the same type.

Vjoycar-Eva6 years ago

hello renaud, if it's the latest one, tk20g, not tk20gse, then its battery can be rechargeable and removable

renaud6 years ago

Hello Eva,
It is nice to be able to replace the battery, but do you sell the batteries?

Vjoycar-Eva6 years ago

Hello renaud, could u send your item photo to my email (eva@vjoycar.com) to confirm the item No.?

renaud6 years ago

Hi Eva,
I had the old TK20G which is now called TK20GSE. I have now ordered a new model with the removable battery to test it out, but I haven't seen replacement batteries in your aliexpress shop.

Vjoycar-Eva6 years ago

Hi Renaud, we don't see the battery individually, as if the package only with battery, it is forbidden by customs. Most of the case, our client order a device, and we put with a spare battery together with the package.

renaud6 years ago

I did not receive an extra battery in the package.

Besides, I tested the tracker over a small 25km trip and got only 2 positions, the first one and the last one. While it has been configured to log positions every 10 seconds. It has been configured with the following SMS.

*setip*my*ip*add*ress*5002*
*master*123456*+myphone*
*alertoff*
*apn*send.ee*
*timezone*2*
*routetrack*99*
*sleepv*
*lowbat*+myphone*
*uploadalert*on*
*rsampling*10*
*rupload*10*

A lk209c-3g tracker was in the same car at about the same position with the same kind of SIM (multi network, no steering) and logged the trip every 10s seconds as expected.

renaud6 years ago

OK, after more tests, it appears the TK20G is the last device I will ever buy from vjoycar. It is simply not fit for the work it is supposed to do. It barely logs one position on every trip instead of real time tracking. If the device needs to be put in the open air to work, then it is not fit for the purpose.
There are nice features, like not being able to power it off easily, the SMS sent if te SIM changes, etc, but if it cannot track, then it's useless.
The TK580w is not any better, it is only able to give positions when you don't move and you shake it.