Problems with accuracy....

parelius6 years ago

I use the client daily, but after switching to Iphone X I have had a strange problem.
When I drive to work, i have the phone in the dashboard and it detects posission very accurately.
But when I'm driving home from work, I have the phone in the same place, but now the position is jumping all over and showing that i`m driving wrong way. See picture.
I have set it to "High Accuracy", no filtering.

All help would be appreciated

alt text

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It probably means that your device didn't have GPS fix for some reason. There can be many reasons, including iOS trying to save battery if it's low.

parelius6 years ago

Its not low battery or any batterysaver i have set, so it have to be somthing else.
I will try a Android phone and check...

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Then either it doesn't have a GPS fix, or GPS is disabled.

Luke Crooks6 years ago

iOS unfortunately does not give the user the option of what location feature for you to use directly (without great difficulty). So it may use, WifI, cell tower data or GPS, you have no control, iOS always thinks it knows best.

The advantage with android location services is that you can tell Android what you want to use to get the location, e.g GPS, WiFi or cell tower (or a hybrid of all three)

parelius6 years ago

That was what I thought was strange, because the phone was in the same place with a clear view to the sky both to and from work, and I drove the same way ....
Then you found the answer :)

I have always been an Android user, but I tried Iphone this time ....
I think I'm going back to Android, not just for this, but the Iphone is unbelievably boring.

Thanks for all help.