Push notification Manager App with Server 5.6

olafa year ago

I have probably read almost all of the posts that deal with the push. I have 3 users with 2 Android and one iOS smartphone. The api codes were set by the manager app. However, there are no notifications. Mail works, even in the manager app. i have the lines

<entry key='notificator.types'>traccar,mail,web</entry>
<entry key='notificator.traccar.key'>User Key</entry>

added. But there are no notification. Or is that not needed and the app gets the notifications automatically, i.e. without changing the configuration of the server?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

The configuration is needed. Have you tried test notification? Do you see any errors?

olafa year ago

Yes i tried the test notification, but nothing happened at the app. Web, mail and NTFY works well, How should a notification looks? Like a stnadard Android notification?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Yes, it should look like a standard Android notification. So when you test you don't get any errors? That probably means it was sent successfully.

olafa year ago

No Error and no notifications. I tried with a Android and iOS user, nothing. I changed the key at the server configuration for each user i tried.

olafa year ago

My config:

<entry key='notificator.types'>traccar,web,mail,sms</entry>
<entry key='notificator.traccar.key'>do9XdQmQRUo8nN2DxR2HB_:APA91bE....</entry>
Anton Tananaeva year ago

Where did you get that key? I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

olafa year ago

From the user Account
"Notification Key"

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Can you please provide a screenshot (feel free to blur part of it).

And also please provide a link to the documentation that you used when you configured it.

olafa year ago
Anton Tananaeva year ago

I see the problem now. That's the wrong place. You should go back to the documentation and click the link there.

olafa year ago

Boaa thank you so much. I misunderstood the Field Notification Tokens. Perhaps you should add a notice that we have to create an account to get a key Thanks again, you made my day!

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Perhaps you should add a notice that we have to create an account to get a key

Have you actually read the documentation? We already have it:

You need to be registered on the website.

olafa year ago

ohh, i'm sorry

Donovana year ago

Not to duplicate posts. But I currently have my own traccar setup running in docker but for the life of me, I can't get push notifications to work.

I have registered for an account (using playstore Traccar manager) as per documentation, l copied the api key and put key in to my config.xml (as per guide) but when I test, nothing happens and no errors logged in log file. And I always restart docker image each time I edit config file

Got SMS and telegram working.