Push notification Manager App with Server 5.6

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Do you have the device notification token in the account attributes?

Donovana year ago

Hi Anton, I have checked and do not see a device notification token or anything that looks similar.

Is the device notification token something that should appear automatically and secondly does this also happen for standard personal Traccar servers and traccar manager application (installed from playstore)?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It is set by the Traccar Manager when you login. It should work on a standard Traccar server just fine.

Donovana year ago

Would this be the web Traccar Manager or the android application.

I have even created a new brand new account and logged in via Traccar Manager (Android playstore version) and don't see any device token under "account - attributes".

Thanks in advance

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Traccar Manager does this, but the web app needs to support it.

Donovana year ago

Thanks.

So what's most likely the cause of not getting the device notification token? Any tests or checks I can perform?

Just FYI - I am running the latest docker 5.6 Traccar docker image on a Synology NAS . MariaDB is where the database lives for Traccar Server.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

There could be many different reasons. Impossible to guess.

Donovana year ago

Understood. Not sure what to check then.

Just so i am clear the <entry key='notificator.traccar.key'>TRACCAR_KEY</entry>

Where it says TRACCAR_KEY, is this the api key I get from the traccar.org account (even when using my own personal Traccar server) or the token that should be automatically generated and isn't, in the account - attributes - notifications token?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It's from the website account, but you should get the device token even without it.

Donovana year ago

Okay. Thanks.

And device token, is that what's referred to as the "notifications token"?

Weird it's not working. Installed fresh docker image yesterday and again it hasn't generated said token. Must be something wrong somewhere.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Yes.