Queries regarding reverse geocoding

Enirh4 years ago

Hi,

I am hitting close to .5 million geocode calls per day with only around 1200 assets.

This is my current config

<entry key="geocoder.reuseDistance">100</entry>
<entry key="geocoder.ignorePositions">true</entry>
<entry key="geocoder.onRequest">true</entry>
<entry key="geocoder.cacheSize">20000</entry>

My question is

1. Is this an optimal config? If anything else needs to be addded to further reduce geocode calls, please suggest.
  2. If geocoder.onRequest is set to true, will Traccar ignore the cache and reuseDistance flags?
  3. For stop and trip reports, the start and end coordinates should ideally be same for subsequent invocations of report API ( assuming there is no change in the config). If geocoder.onRequest is set to true, will Traccar make new geocoding calls every time the reports api is called, or will it fetch from the cache?
  4. Will the geocoding call count reflect in the statistics, if geocoder.onRequest is set to true?
Anton Tananaev4 years ago

How do you get so many calls with ignorePositions set to true? Something doesn't add up.

Enirh4 years ago

I have the same question. How can I check the calls that are being made from Traccar? When ignorePositions was set to false, I could see the count in the statistics. Any way to figure that out?

Are you using latest version? If not, try your config with the latest release.

Enirh4 years ago

I am using version 4.6

Enirh4 years ago

Hi Anton,

Could you please clear the other doubts I mentioned above?

Also, regarding the cache size, is it the number of records or the actual size in memory? And what is the cache validity duration?

I think there's something wrong with your configuration. As I said, you should not have that many requests with automatic geocoding disabled.