RAM usage

Who6 years ago

Hi!
I have a question about Memory limit heap: https://ibb.co/kfqH2K

While starting my server my memory limit heap is set to 481 MB. What does it mean for the traccar server? And should i change that? My virtual machine has 2 GB of RAM, and there is only traccar and few basic websites over here.

Thanks a lot!

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

If it's not enough, you might need to change it.

Who6 years ago

How many users can be connected with this much of a memory?

You need to try and see for yourself.

Who6 years ago

Can You estimate? Is it 100, 200, 500, 1000?

Armstrong6 years ago

If it's a scalability question I would ask: tens, hundreds, thousands, or billions ? :)

Probably low hundreds of devices, assuming about 1 per minute reporting intervals.

Armstrong6 years ago

Thanks for the answer !
Of course we are dealing with Java here so.. There sure may be some limitations, I can understand that.
Do you have some publicly available statistics on the success ?
That would be nice

Statistics on the success of what?

Armstrong6 years ago

Your product ?
What's the biggest use-case as an example ?

Armstrong6 years ago

Or success story

It's really off-topic here. Biggest clients are usually hosting it themselves with their own dedicated team that supports and customises Traccar code, so I don't have much information about those instances. I know there are 100k+ deployments out there and possibly 1MM+ as well. I'm not going to share any specific names here, but from time to time we get interest from some billion-dollar companies. I don't always know if they really end up using Traccar or not because it's usually confidential information.

beryindo6 years ago

estimate, the use of 4GB of RAM can use how many devices with reports of intervals of 10 seconds?

Probably about 100. Possibly more.