Re-enable device in Modern web app UI

Angus Lithgow8 months ago

I have just updated from 4.6 to 5.9 and getting used to the Modern UI.

I can't find any option to re-enable a device that was disabled before the upgrade.
When I look in the settings/devices menu I can't see any way to show the disabled devices.

I have tried setting tc.devices.disabled = 0 in the mysql table, and the device server is decoding positions correctly, but it still doesn't display in the UI. I have restarted traccar service a couple of times now with no change.

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

If you're an admin you should be able to see disabled devices. Don't remember about regular users.

I am an admin.
I've also just tried to disable a current device (in Settings/Devices/Extra menu, tick Disabled), and it continued to display in the UI, even after restarting the Traccar service.

I recall in the legacy UI, there was an interface that was a list of devices per user and tick on/off which devices each user could see when logged in. I can't find any such interface in modern. Is this the join table tc_user_device?

Adding the join between user and device to tc_user_device worked. Is there a place in Modern UI that achieves this?

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

It's the same as before. You click settings > users > connections > devices.

Thank you, that's the answer.