Read SMS received on Tracker

nofuse2 years ago

Hi,

I’m planning to use a Teltonika FMC130 and would like to know if the FMC130 receives a SMS message is there any way to read it in Traccar?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Does it report the message to the server?

Tohm10 months ago

"Does it report the message to the server?"

Does this mean that in order to read an SMS message sent to the tracker from the server level, the tracker itself must have the appropriate functionality? I have a WanWayTech S20 and I am trying to enable the possibility of reading the SMS sent to the SIM number installed in the tracker from the Traccar server level. I have set up a "text message received" notification and when I use the "network" test channel I get a notification on the server and in the application. But when I send an SMS to the tracker's number, the notification does not appear. On the server, I do not see any information in the tracker-server.log about the fact that the SMS was received by the tracker.

Anton Tananaev10 months ago

If you're talking about command SMS, you should see the sent command in the logs, but if we're talking in general, the device obviously needs to support this functionality.

Tohm10 months ago

@Anton, thanks for your fast response.
Perhaps the language barrier is an obstacle (I use a translator), but I mean any possibility (in a report, notification, etc.) to read the content of an SMS that someone sends to the phone number of the SIM card installed in the tracker. For example, the GSM operator sends an SMS "Your funds expire in 3 days" or sends a code to confirm a function activated on the subscriber's account. I would like to be able to read such an SMS without removing the SIM card from the tracker and inserting it into the phone. is it possible to do?

Anton Tananaev10 months ago

Yes, if your device supports it and Traccar supports it for the specific protocol.