recover.py tools help and guidance needed

jaimzj6 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to use recover.py, and had two questions i need guidance for.

how do i tell the script which log file to recover data from? path = sys.argv[1] this section i believe is the source to the log file.

Do i have to pass it in the command like this? python recover.py /opt/traccar/logs/xxxxxx.log

thanking in advance for help.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Yes, you pass it as argument. Note that the script is very old, so you might need to adjust it to work.

jaimzj6 years ago

Thank you Anton.

jaimzj6 years ago

I managed to get it to work, however I do see some jumps in data or maybe missed positions.

Would you be able to guide me on the part where you said 'i might need to adjust it to work' could you advise me on which way should i look to improve or fix it.

I can't because I don't know what needs to be fixed, if anything at all.

jaimzj6 years ago

Anton, the script works well so far. But I have come across one issue and would like to have your opinion/suggestion on it.

I am using Ubuntu server for traccar.

When running the recover.py script on small log files it works normal, however when restoring large log files the script stops, and if am not wrong maybe the cause is that it reaches the connection limit on Linux server. ?

You would need to check the code yourself. It was developed a long time ago, so I don't remember details of how it works.