Repeating Data on the same time?

stgtraccar8 years ago

We're running the latest traccar app on Galaxy S4 Rugbies. It seems to be working for the most part except we get these weird periods of time where it enters a whole bunch of points at the exact same time. What could be causing this? See screenshottraccar

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

What frequency value is selected in the app? Also, what do you see on the status screen in the app? Does it match the frequency value and what you see on the server side?

stgtraccar8 years ago

It is set to 600 which works 95% of the time. (this weird repeated stretch only happens about once a day per device)

The device will usually show "connectivity change" about 10 times on the status tab while this is happening.

On another note, my OnePlus does not have this issue. It only seems to happen on our S4 Rugby's

stgtraccar8 years ago

In this picture you can see the device was sending every 10 min until suddenly it started being weird again
traccar2

I think I know why it's happening. Did you have any other app that uses GPS working at the same time?

stgtraccar8 years ago

Yes, we use Airwatch to lock down the devices and hide Traccar. Airwatch has it's own GPS tracking but we find it too unreliable (hence why we are using Traccar)

We can turn off the Airwatch GPS but we wanted to make sure Traccar was more reliable first

Traccar Client requests updates with selected interval, but if some other app requests more frequent updates, Android would report location with higher frequency to all apps including Traccar Client. I need to implement a filtering on the app side. See this issue:

https://github.com/tananaev/traccar-client-android/issues/156

I will fix it with the next release.