Repetitive SOS alerts too many times

Hello, greetings to the Traccar forum.

I am a long time user of Tracar and there is definitely no better GPS tracking platform than Traccar.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced this problem:
For some time now I have noticed that many Coban gps103 protocol devices send the SOS alarm in all location records, all the time, causing notifications to be sent constantly to users and causing the tc_events table to be filled with records of this alert. This is what they send in the "attributes" column of the "tc_positions" table all the time:

{"alarm":"sos","ignition":false,"door":false,"fuel1":0.0,"distance":0.0,"totalDistance":5297752.27,"motion":false,"hours":522166000 }

Could someone help me by giving me an idea why this happens and how to correct it? Is it a platform issue (I don't think so) or device or device installation? As a special thing, it happens with Coban 403 (4g) devices.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Could be a device issue or maybe some decoding issue. It's impossible to tell without more details.

If you don't want to alerts, what you can do is set up a computed attribute to remove the SOS alarm.

Hi Anton, thanks for your answer, look, my idea is not to simply ignore this alert but to find out why, look at what it sends in the Traccar Log:

imei:868166050186261,help me,220724103704,,F,153704.00,A,0325.26513,N,07630.98227,W,,;

As you can see, all the time it is sending "help me" in the hex.

I'm sure it's not a Traccar problem, I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this problem and knows how to fix it without needing to bypass the sos alerts as they are very important.

Maybe it's expecting some acknowledgement?

Hi Anton, I don't understand your comment.

I know that by means of an sms command with the text "help me" I could disable the sos alert, I sent that command by traccar as a custom command to the device, but this did not disable the alert and it continues to send the sos alert constantly, the problem is that there are many the devices with this problem, all Coban 403a, I don't know what to do, I'm sure it's the device, but I don't know what to do, the protocol manual doesn't indicate that these alerts should be responded to.

If you're sure it's a device issue, I'm not sure what can be done from the server side.

Maybe the correct way I should send the custom command to stop the alert, but hey, I went to the forum looking for someone who had the same problem and managed to solve it either on the server side or on the device side. Thanks.

Nicolas NRSa year ago

Hi, there isn't any command to stop HELP ME through GPRS, SMS is the only way to stop it.

Advice: Use the command

xtime123456 001

Tested on GPS103B/303B/403B devices. It tells device to send only one alert for event.

Lee Whitea year ago

Hi everyone, I am getting multiple alerts for battery. I get them about one every second or one every couple seconds. This also happens with geofence alerts and all our other alerts. I finally had to shut them all off to get it to stop.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

If you're talking about device alarms, you will get them as frequently as your device reports them.