Replace tracker with different model: same history

hairydog2 years ago

I have a tracker device that has become unreliable. I want to replace it with a different tracker of a different type. Setting it as a new tracker is easy, but I would like the vehicle's location history to continue
Is there a way I can attach the old tracker's location history to the new device?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Yes, just use the same device in Traccar.

hairydog2 years ago

So if I have a tracker device called device001 with an ID of 432135 and replace it with a different tracker, call it device001 even though it has an ID of 868766 it will show the same device history?
Guess I can't remove the old device first or the history will be lost. Can I have two IDs for the same device name?

You just need to change the unique id without removing the device in Traccar.

hairydog2 years ago

Thank you!

hairydog2 years ago

Sadly, that doesn't seem to have worked.

I am a little confused by which identifiers are which.

I have a tracker (TK102) that I called called "car" with an identifier of 868683021074426, when I add it, in traccar it is given an id of 9126684 a deviceid of 1. Time passes, and a few years later it stops working.

I buy a new tracker (TK-901 ho2/5013). This has an identifier of 9171024751.

If I add it with a name of "car new" it is given an id of 9139250 and a deviceid of 46. And it shows as Online.

If I don't add it as a new tracker, but instead I change the identifier of the old device from 868683021074426 to 9171024751 it stays offline.

I am wondering if I am changing the wrong ID. Can you help?

Why are you adding a new device when I told you twice to reuse existing device? I don't know how to help you.

hairydog2 years ago

I did what you said. It didn't work. So I added a new device to see if it was a problem with the new tracker. It wasn't

From your description it sounds like it didn't work because you set the wrong identifier. But you keep mentioning different IDs, so it's just making it more confusing. What do you even mean by "given an id"? You set device the unique id. It's not given by Traccar. Only internal id is automatically generated, which is not what we're discussing here, so I would recommend not even mentioning it here to avoid confusion. And if the device is offline, you need to troubleshoot that instead of ignoring what I recommended.

hairydog2 years ago

You are not good at reading questions. I have asked which identifier you are referring to.
You have said I should use the same "unique id" but there is no such field.
If you mean I should change the identifier that the tracker sends, that is what I have done, and it did not work.
If you mean that I should change a different identifier, you should say which identifier, using a name that is in the application.

hairydog2 years ago

I did exactly what you said (changing the identifier for the device) but that did not work, and the device remained offline.

I then changed the identifier back, added a new device with the new identifier and it immediately showed online.

I shall try again. I shall roll the database back to last night's backup and change the identifier again, now that I know the tracker is connecting reliably.

You have said I should use the same "unique id"

Where did I say this?

but there is no such field

unique id

hairydog2 years ago

Where did you say this?
"What do you even mean by "given an id"? You set device the unique id. It's not given by Traccar."

You point at something called "uniqueid" in the database but what you wrote was "unique id" In the UI it is called "identifier".

You need to look at your attitude and your responses.

Then what is the deviceid you mentioned in your earlier comment? There's no such field anywhere either.

Anyway, I see that you don't really want to discuss your question but instead argue about something. I'm not interested in that. Good luck.