reset notificationToken for demo2 user

Christopher5 years ago

Hi,

Not sure if this belongs here, but im having trouble with Traccar IOS app and recieving notifications.

Upon first install it was working ok. With test and event linked to a device (ignition on).

I had to reinstall at some moment because the app would not load at all.

No I dont get any notification, neither test or per event.

I'm thinking that then I reinstalled, the server kept the initial token...? Im using the demo2 server.

Any help most apreciated.

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

Login to demo server, check for notificationTokens under your user attributes. You can find your token’s list.

Christopher5 years ago

Ok. But the token on my device AND on the server must match, no?

How do I check the token kept on the server? Or alternatively, how do I check the token on ios(can i?)?

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

Token shown on your user's attributes list is stored in server database. Device token are generated randomly at request. If you want a fresh start, remove device application and delete token's list from server.

Christopher5 years ago

Ok. I understand. Just that i am testing on demo2... so how would i get at the server database if im not admin?

I created an account on demo4 and its running a-ok now.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Token is stored in user attributes. You don't need direct database access to remove it.

Christopher5 years ago

Ok.

I had removed the app and removed token, then reinstalled... but didnt get notifications working.

Would there be a timeframe from reinstalling and the new token taking effect through the notifications system?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

No, it should work as soon as you login into the app.