Santa tracker for modern interface

Bob Alooza2 years ago

Any chance the github santa tracker could be updated to use the modern interface?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

It's a complete separate app. It's not based on the official Traccar web app. What are you looking for specifically?

Bob Alooza2 years ago

You mean the one linked below? This is based off traccar and as far as I can tell, only works on the legacy view

https://github.com/tananaev/follow-santa

As I said, it's not based on the Traccar web app. It's a completely separate app written from scratch. Where do you see legacy app there?

Bob Alooza2 years ago

because when I put it in the modern folder it doesn't work. The title says "Follow Santa on Traccar" how is it not built on traccar? You built it. Are you saying I do not need a traccar install (as it instructs is required on line one of the readme) for this to work whatsoever?

You need Traccar backend, not the web app. But I think I know what the problem. It's not compatible with the modern app because it always loads that same HTML file.

Bob Alooza2 years ago

Thank you for clearing that up, I was getting very confused. So back to my initial question, could the santa code be updated to work with the modern app?

Try renaming "modern" to something else, like "web" for example.

Bob Alooza2 years ago

That's a start. The map loads with the POI layer now, but the vehicle being tracked as santa does not show up. Navigating to the root directory does show the vehicle in the modern app.

Check network errors.

Bob Alooza2 years ago

no errors, everything seems to be working fine outside of the santa app. I have an older traccar install that still works, I'll continue to use that. Was just hoping to move this over to my newer install. The token management is easier on the older install as well.