Sending commands to device

Hello, my device running on tk103 protocol. How can I send engine off, or fuel cut off or battery cut off alert from server?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You click "send command" button and select "stop engine" command there.

visiondrive7 years ago

As long as you have an SMPP server configured - TRACCAR will not send any message direct to the device via IP and it has to be sent via SMS using an SMPP server.

SMPP server is not easy to find. Is there any alternative of this? where I can find send engine stop command to device.

visiondrive7 years ago

SMPP servers are easy and they need not be in your country - this one here offers 2cents Australia per SMS when you purchase in bulk.

https://www.smsbroadcast.com.au

visiondrive7 years ago

Otherwise you need to SMS the message direct from your phone

visiondrive7 years ago

Or you can find an app that can make an android phone an SMPP gateway for you and configure the TRACCAR server to use it.

Here is one I found but I have not tested it at all.

You would need to use a DYNDNS client (on the phone) to ensure the host name remains updated with a changing IP on the phone so the SMPP connection continues to work fine.

http://www.ozekisms.com

Milosoft6 years ago

I have the same problem I can not stop the car without sms, Anthon has said that the sms is not necessary so if he says it does not need the sms but I'm stuck in turn off my car without sms I can not do it hopefully alguyen footda orient us to know how to do it, I do not know how to kill my car from traccar without sms

visiondrive6 years ago

TRACCAR server does not send data to and certainly does not send SMS to devices it receive data from. You need to either use a different device (a mobile) or obtain an SMS server which uses SMPP (check forum as many posts about this) to allow TRACCAR server to send to the SMPP gateway and the SMPP gateway will then send the actual SMS

draksha year ago

Hi,
Can someone let me know the menu under which 'Send Command' button is available. I could see only Save Command in the settings Menu.
Not sure if there are any additional permissions required to display that button. The user created is admin with deviceLimit -1 and users 0

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It's in the popup when you click on the device on the main screen.

draksha year ago

Thanks, I figured it out.

mhzatwork3 months ago

How come "send command" does not show my "saved commands" ?

screenshot

Anton Tananaev3 months ago

Either you haven't linked them or the types are not supported.

mhzatwork3 months ago

Thanks.