Server locks after few hours of work.

IoSonoPiero3 years ago

Hello people,
I'm using Traccar for a while.
But, since I've updated to version 4.13, I noticed I have difficulties login into the web interface.
I've seen that in the log file there are, after some hours of usage, a lot of these lines.

WARN: HikariPool-1 - Failed to validate connection com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl@60757fd4 (No operations allowed after connection closed.). Possibly consider using a shorter maxLifetime value.

The only possible solution is to restart the server, because the command 'service traccar stop'
gives me:

Failed to stop traccar.service: Connection timed out
See system logs and 'systemctl status traccar.service' for details.

So, I've backupped my DB and traccar.xml configuration file, I've removed the droplet, created another one and restored the DB and the xml configuration file.
After a while where everything is working, I got the message:

WARN: HikariPool-1 - Failed to validate connection com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl@7b99de95 (No operations allowed after connection closed.). Possibly consider using a shorter maxLifetime value.

I'm using 1GB VM on Digital Ocean.
Any suggestion of what I can do to fix this, please?

Adsakis3 years ago

Have you run the htop command (make sure it is installed first) to check for resources usage? You may be running out of RAM with 1 GB. MySQL is notorious for using a lot of memory.

IoSonoPiero3 years ago

Yes, I used it. The resources are not fully consumed. This is very strange.
I'm trying to check every day the installation. I started from zero: new droplet, new db.