Server not receiving data from tracker, port 5043

captain paranoia6 years ago

I recently resurrected an attempt to use the Traccar server, from two years ago. here's the original thread:

https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/globalsat-tr203/

I am now receiving messages from the tracker to the computer that is running the server, but the server is not showing the activity in its log file, and not showing any activity for the device in the server UI.

Suggestions for where to look next are appreciated.

Here are the details of what I'm doing, and how far I have traced the connection.

I have the latest server (4.0) running on my PC.
I have the Traccar app running on my Android phone.

I have a GlobalSat TR-203 configured with a SIM and the relevant APN details, and my IP address and port 5043.
I can use the TR-203 config tool to monitor its activity, which confirms it is connecting to GPRS, and sending the position report.

I have ports open in my router firewall, with firewall event logging enabled for those ports.
I can see from the router security logs that both the Android and TR-203 messages are being received by the relevant ports (5055 & 5043), and are being forwarded to the matching port on PC running the Traccar server.

I have configured my Windows Firewall to open the relevant ports.
Traccar Port checker confirms that ports 5043 & 5055 are open.

I've used Wireshark to monitor the traffic coming in to my LAN from the router.
I can see the message packets from the TR-203 tracker. They are 91 byte UDP packets, containing an obvious lat/long position.

GSr,[IMEI],2,2,00,,3,120918,224235,W[redacted],N[redacted],67,0.03,110,7,1.0,91*[CRC]!

This appears to be the correctly formatted GSr report from the TR-203 tracker.
I can see the http/TCP traffic from the Android app on port 5055.

I have added the Android phone to the Traccar Server, using the device ID from the app.
I have added the TR-203 tracker to the Traccar Server, using the IMEI from the tracker.

The Android phone connects to the server immediately, and I can see its activity in the Traccar log file.
The TR-203 tracker does not report in to the server, and I can see no activity in the Traccar log file for port 5043.

The Traccar Server does not appear to be receiving the data arriving on port 5043.

Any suggestions as to what to try next, or why Traccar might not be receiving the data from port 5043?

captain paranoia6 years ago

Solved it!

Changed TR-203 setting D4 (GPRS mode for L4 command) from UDP to HTTP
Changed P2 & R2 (Report Media) to TCP

This gave me an 'unrecognised device' report in the log file.

Then I added the report format key to traccar.xml, and restarted the server

<entry key='globalsat.format0'>SORPZAB27GHKLMN*U!</entry>

Then it immediately recognised the device, and plotted it on the map in the UI.

Hoo-bloody-rah.