Service Automatically Stopped In IOS Client

Kalaria7 years ago

Hi i have install latest IOS Version Of Traccar in my I PHONE 5s The Datat Are Sending Perfect But After Idol For Few Minutes The Application Service Automatically Stooped So When I Restart Service Status It Will Work Again

I Want To Change That Every time When Cellphone Has A Internet Connection And The Location Data Will Be Sent to the Server

And In Android Client Version New Version Not Working Properly In Some Few Model

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Please format your text properly. Why every word starts with capital case? It's impossible to read.

Kalaria7 years ago

sorry for that i am post again with proper format

hi ihave install latest IOS version of traccar in my I PHONE 5s the datat are sending perfect but after idol for few minutes the application service automatically stooped so when i restart service status It will work again

i want to change that every time when cellphone has a Internet connection and the location data will be sent to the server

and In android client version new version not working properly In some few model

Are you sure you are not killing it yourself? If not, it's likely that your phone is running low on memory or battery and iOS automatically kills service. Next version of Traccar Client will handle it a bit better.

As for Android, make sure that you added Traccar Client into battery optimisation exceptions.

Kalaria7 years ago

yah i am sure i have not kill the app i don't know in ios os have restriction to stop the services automatically but it's true that the app is stop after few minute

Both Android and iOS are very strict with background services and kill them to save phone resources.

Kalaria7 years ago

so can you have any suggestion to ignore them and run the app and continue sending data

If you want to know what's happening you should get system logs from your phone.

Danily7 years ago

have the same problem and yes it is because of the phone resources. When ios runs on low batter the "server status switch" gets turned off.

I am working on a new version of Traccar Client for iOS, so hopefully it will improve stability.

Danily7 years ago

thank you , I love your software and I use it with www.home-assistant.io . You might want to consider making afficial Homeassistant components for your software. I am sure you will get much more clients. currently i am using with https://github.com/koen01/hass/blob/b0d5cb7d0e5b48bf0499c8db5c77bbc342c59af3/custom_components/device_tracker/traccar.py

We don't really have resources to support it, but contributions are welcome if someone wants to develop it.

Nathan Elledge7 years ago

Why cant you tap into the "Find My iPhone" feature of the IOS to ensure the user cant stop it.
There is a tool on the android market that will track your iPhone's using your iCloud account. It is called xfi Locator.
With that said I know it can be done, Just wondering why it hasn't been explored.
If that was done, there would be no IOS app to work on. you can just get the tracking data from the iCloud servers.

Danily7 years ago

This causes battery drainage as it wakes up iphone, iwatch and all other devices every second on your icloud account to get the current location.
Trust me I tried. Plus I dont use Android. I use traccar mainly for Presence Detection to automate things in my house using Home Assistant.
https://home-assistant.io/components/device_tracker.icloud/

Arunas J.7 years ago

When you planning release new version for IOS? because with s6 Plus, same problem, service start, after few minutes, stopped.