Share position of the unit

Funt7 years ago

Is there a feature to share position of some unit?
For example I would like that my friend could see where I am without giving login/password to my account.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

If you are admin, you can share devices between user account. So you can create a readonly account for your fried to see device, but not allow to edit anything.

Funt7 years ago

Thanks for the hint.
Maybe there is a easier way, without need to login? That friend can have a link to see current position without additional functions?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Yes, you can use token instead of login.

Piotr6 years ago

There is a problem with location sharing. The newly registered user has no rights to add a new read only user. Only an administrator or manager can do it. Is it possible to create an account with manager rights during registration or set limit user to two as with user.limitdevice devices in xml config file?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

No, it's not possible. Also I'm not sure how device limit would help.

Piotr6 years ago

Thanks for the quick response Anton. We did not understand each other. I mean the ability to set the number of users (2) for the newly registered account like we can set device limit. Then the user without admin privilages can add "read only" atrtribute for one user in His acount and share the location with token.

No, there is no such option.

Piotr6 years ago

So, it means that a newly registered user has no possibility to easily share their location (for example his family). He must ask the System Administrator to add a new user to his account.

Correct.

Piotr6 years ago

I think sharing location is an important and useful feature. This should be simpler and work without participation of the entire system administrator. It's worth thinking about adding this function.
The second thing is sharing the token. This should be the entire login link, not the token itself.

For any feature requests you should be using GitHub.