Share your experience of using

Secrieru Victor5 months ago

What kind of computer is needed for 300 devices and 30 operators ?

Expected to be used Postgresql.

Anton Tananaev5 months ago

It depends on many factors. The most important is message volume.

What load do the devices create? Nominatim will also be used.
Showing the route is very busy.

Track-trace5 months ago

You can run nominatim on a seperate server. I think big importance has the storage. Nvme drives 980pro or 990pro are very fast in my opinion. Typicly the location update on the map from the gps position request takes about 3 to 5 seconds on my server (including nominatim update).

NVME disk in M.2_CPU mode is the best choice.
What about the choice of CPU?
How many active devices do you have?

My configuration:

• Ryzen 5 1700,NVME M.2 SATA,RAM 16G
  • Nginx 1.25, php 8.32, Nominatim 4.3.2,Postgresql 15.5

5000 consecutive requests are completed in 41 seconds. One request per 0.008 seconds.

Track-trace5 months ago

What is actually the reason that you ask ? Do you have issues ?
You could always host your server in the cloud and scale up when it is needed. Or just build a bigger server when its needed. Or you can have both as backup or make it redundant.

I currently are still in the testing phase even though im a long time on the forum. So i only test with < 20 devices. And for testing you dont need a lot of devices there are tools that can do that.

I have no issues with speed. while running four virtual servers on a 16 core amd 5950x cpu a 128 gb ddr4

I wonder how did you build nominatim database ? I needed to install 128 gb memory to build the Europe database. You only build is for smaller countries ?

I imported it for Russia using my configuration. And even imported Orange 5 plus 8G on single-board.
If I configure only for my devices, will this speed up?
Have you done load testing? Or there are users in the form who use a large number of devices. Share configuration and experience