Sharing one code base for multiple platforms like web, android and iOS

Rhamean2 years ago

Hi dear Anton,
My apologize of delaying you for this...
I would like to have your recommendation please.
I am looking for a way to develop the react client section in which I can convert it to android and iOS with following the instruction given on: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35463547/what-is-the-quickest-way-to-convert-a-react-app-to-react-native
I am thinking of sharing one code base for iOS, android and web platforms leads to faster development of multiple-platform apps.
Still I am not sure about it and hopefully I need to know what you suggest.
Is that a good idea if I do that or I should develop separately from your code sources?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

If you just need mobile apps, you can probably use React Native, but if you also want web I think it makes sense to use regular React. That's exactly what we are doing with the modern app.

Rhamean2 years ago

Thank you so much Sir, for such a nice and quick response.
The best wishes for your success and healthy forever...

Rhamean2 years ago

Excuse me,
Which one of "React JS or React Native" were you to choose as the base of your project if you would have both web and mobile platforms (android and ios), ?
As we know the project is based on React js, so should I create a react native app on the base of modern?
How about pwa, if I am supposed to convert the client part (modern) to an installable app for other platforms?

We already chose React JS.

Rhamean2 years ago

How about the exporting way to the mobile platforms sir,
PWA or React Native?

Our app is already PWA.

Rhamean2 years ago

I see, then could you let me know a suitable way that you believe it is reasonable to create the mobile platform from modern, for both android and ios?

I have already used cordova and ionic frameworks but it wasn't successful. I need your help to suggest me please.

We already have mobile apps. I'm confused by all these questions.

Rhamean2 years ago

Sorry, do you develop mobile app code separately or it is extracted from modern code?
I want to customize some features into modern code and have those changes without that I need to edit for android app again.
I want to see the modern running page view exactly in mobile app too, sir.
Of course mobile view needs me to manage the design of components because it is not going to be opened in browser on a laptop.
Maybe I'm wrong in understanding of react technology, that's way my questioning is confusing.
I'm asking the way of one code-base development for other platforms when I try to make some changes in modern code which is the web one.
what process should be taken if I want to do that?

Rhamean2 years ago

As I can see the view of mobile app is not what we see in modern after running.
I 'm looking for the way of development to have the view of web app(modern) from mobile app too, using one-code-base project.
I hope I'm clear to understand what I'm asking for, sir.
Thanks