SOS function works only once on Android unless client service restarted

Mark3 years ago

Installed via docker image on Synology DS720+ yesterday. Have both client and manager Android apps on phone. Created a widget on phone desktop for the SOS function (this wasn't immediately obvious, and no idea how to do this on an Apple client).... However, the first button press brings the client app to the foreground (is this the correct behaviour?) and sends a message to all managers that are running - but, a subsequent press does not seem to register an alert at all....

The only way I could get a second press of the SOS widget to trigger an alert was to toggle the service in the Android client app off and back on again, then it would work (though obviously only for a single attempt).

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

This feature was available in the app for a long long time, so I feel like it's very unlikely that it's broken and nobody noticed till now.

Mark3 years ago

OK, let me do some more testing then. How do you set up the SOS on an Apple device?

You can't have a shortcut, but SOS option should be available from the drop-down menu.

Mark3 years ago

Hi Anton, sorry you will have to entertain me here. The client or manager app? Either way I don't see a drop down menu option for SOS anywhere, unless I am being really dumb.

Traccar Client of course. Have you tried 3D touch on the home screen icon?

Mark3 years ago

Just tried 3D touch and only option from the client when long pressing on app icon are 'Remove' 'Share' & 'Edit'. I don't see any drop down menu in the client app on either Android or Apple client apps.

Mark3 years ago

Oh, I just read:

'Apple's iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are exceptional new devices, packed full of new features. While there is much to like on the new phones, the absence of 3D Touch is a step backwards'.........

What versions of apps and OSes?

Mark3 years ago

iOS version: 14.4
Traccar client: 6.1
Traccar manager: 2.7

Mark3 years ago

Version 6.1 is the only one available in the store (UK)

Interesting. Looks like it was not published because of some additional questionnaire for privacy. Just submitted it.

Mark3 years ago

Thanks Anton, I'll confirm all working when it eventually comes down....

Going back to the original point on Android - I think this was just haste on my part in that a repeated SOS was not alerted within a short time frame (within a couple of minutes). When I try after a few minutes it works as expected. Thanks for the great support, its much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Alex Meléndez3 years ago

Hi Anton,

I have the same problem on Android One. I can only send 1 SOS alert after each client reboot. Is that the desired behavior? Thanks in advance.

Android version: 9
Client version: 6.7