SOS notification - android client/server configuration

Piotr6 years ago

Sos notification enabled on smartphone. Notifications enabled for the user in the traccar system. SMS message to the indicated number works. No notifications in the traccar system. How to configure the server or android application to receive sos notifications.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

You need to enable alarm notification for your user on the server. There is no other configuration.

Piotr6 years ago

Hi Anton,
thanks for Your answer.
Well, alarm notification are enabled but traccar server doesn't receive them.
traccar server 3.15, traccar client 5.8, samsung s7 android 7.0

Does Traccar Client give you error or success when you try to send SOS? Please provide a screenshot of the result popup.

Piotr6 years ago

There is no popup in Traccar Client when im sending SOS signal. Only sms with localization information is received by selected contact person.

Traccar Client doesn't send any SMS messages.

Piotr6 years ago

I know it. I turned on the sos function in the android. Now pressing the On button three times sends a sos message but doesn't send a message to traccar.

Hmmm... why do you expect it to? I not understand the issue. You are trying to use SOS feature of your phone that has nothing to do with Traccar and it will never work with Traccar. Traccar Client has a SOS shortcut that you should be using for SOS functionality.

Piotr6 years ago

But i don't see any shortcut in Traccar Client. I cant create shortcut on my phone aswell. Thats why i asked on beginning how to configure Traccar Client.

You add it though your launcher like any other shortcut or widget.

Piotr6 years ago

Now I understand. It works. I thought that this icon in the widget is a shortcut to the program. Thank you Anton for help and sorry for the confusion :)

Eduardo Lopez4 years ago

How about Aton good day, excellent project is serving me a lot although I don't know very well yet several functions but in that I am, a question, because my gps that in this case I am using a GV55 of queclink when issuing an alert sos you are sending it very well but if I send it again in a span of 1 to 10 minutes, it does not recibed anything the plataform with the ignition active but if to change the ignition off even a minute if you give me the alert, you think it is my gps configuration or rather is that if you have an event if you send the sos alert, the platform could be programmed so that when you send an alert you are reset gps, greetings from Mexico

Lee Whitea year ago

I have alarm enabled in the server but the option does not show on the client app in android nor iPhone? How do the users use it?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It's a shortcut. Depends on the device, but usually long-press on the app icon should give you an option.

gonzaloa year ago

Hi,
shortcut should be draged to the dock or below, also the service dont shoul be started, else when you hold the traccar client button dont be appear SOS option.

greetings