Speed limits configuration

ivajlo7 years ago

Hello Guys,

i want to configure my server to use speed limit functionality. I check documentation and found this option:

speedLimit
server/device/group*
Speed limit in knots, for device, group* or whole server.

My questions is:

1. Is there way to configure speed limit per single account
  2. How to configure the minimal time period in which the device is in overspeed condition so the overspeed event is generated after this period.
(For example if a some car exceed the speed for 20 seconds to overtake another car then I dont want to see this as an overspeed limit. If a car drives for more than 20 seconds with overspeed this means it drives fast - then I want to see this as overspeed event.)
Anton Tananaev7 years ago
  1. As documentation says, you can only configure it per device, group or server-wide
  2. It's not possible currently
Turbovix7 years ago

Hi Anton, I have the parameter (speedLimit) configured for each device (Suntech ST-340) and we are not getting the alerts for speed. Even knowing that the configured speed must be in (knots) the alerts do not arrive.
Any tips what should I investigate?

Thank you

Make sure that event handlers are enabled in the config file.

Turbovix7 years ago

Hello Anton, I have the following handlers in the file traccar.xml, however I do not get the speeding alerts from the device in question.

<entry key='event.motion.speedThreshold'>0.04</entry>
    <entry key='event.enable'>true</entry>
    <entry key='event.overspeedHandler'>true</entry>
    <entry key='event.overspeed.notRepeat'>true</entry>
    <entry key='event.motionHandler'>true</entry>
    <entry key='event.geofenceHandler'>true</entry>
    <entry key='event.alertHandler'>true</entry>
    <entry key='event.ignitionHandler'>true</entry>
    <entry key='event.statusHandler'>true</entry>
    <entry key='event.maintenanceHandler'>true</entry>
  1. Have you configured speed limit for your devices?
  2. Why did you change config file?
  3. What version of Traccar are you using?
Turbovix7 years ago

1 - Yes, I configured the speed using the (speedLimit) parameter for each device.
2 - To add the handlers
3 - Traccar V3.10 official

If you are using 3.10, you don't need to change anything in the config file. Everything is configured by default.

Turbovix7 years ago

Thank you, now it's all right!

Cristian6 years ago

Hi, i am new with app and trying to configure this, so i am using 3.14.
Where i can see the config to control events montion ?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I believe documentation explains it.

Cristian6 years ago

So, i understood all events are configured by default, so in report y got the info.

Thanks,

All event handlers are enabled by default. Some events need to be configured. Please read full documentation carefully.

Ovidiu6 years ago

I'm new to traccar and am about to configure everything. I am running traccar via docker and have one client (android) connected for testing the functionality. I'm trying to figure out how to configure speed limits and a lot of threads here on the forum simply talk about the documentation like this very first post here too. Can someone link me to the documentation that helps me configure / setup speed limits?

Edit device > click attributes > add speed limit.